Major Conference Theme - Our Motoring Heritage
Download call for papers document here
Papers are sought that address the broad theme in one or more of the following ways:
- The significance of Holden to Australian society and culture
- The significance of vehicle manufacturing in Australia with respect to its economic and social impacts
- The restoration of vehicles including methods, philosophical debates around restoration and curatorial policy, technology and design
- Curatorial practices and museum directions including display, social history in motor museums, collection policy and new museology for the collection and exhibition of Australian motoring heritage
- The ephemeral heritage of the motoring life which may include for example motoring advertisements, posters, art work, popular culture, literary expression, the products of support industries
- International automotive heritage which may include for example international museological practice in motor museums, international motoring manufacture, the preservation of motoring heritage in an international context.
- Design heritage including automotive design, the architecture of the roadside to support motoring culture and the ways in which we record and engage with design heritage.